The Journal of Research on Women and Gender is currently accepting submissions. Email submissions to JRWG14@txstate.edu. Please refer to the guidelines for more details.
Journal of Research on Women and Gender is a peer-‐reviewed online electronic journal. The journal welcomes manuscripts based on original work of scholars that documents women's experiences and analyzes the significance of gender. It is an interdisciplinary publication that reflects qualitative research, quantitative research, pedagogical works and creative projects.
Journal of Research on Women and Gender retain the copyright for its published material in the including, but not limited to, all rights to authorize subsequent publication and/or translation.
Material appearing in the Journal of Research on Women and Gender may be distributed freely by electronic or any other means providing that any such distribution is without charge (unless for purposes of cost recovery by interlibrary-‐loan services) and that the journal is acknowledged as the source. No article may be
reprinted in any publication without the explicit written permission of the Editor.
• Articles submitted for consideration must be original.
• Articles should be between 2,000 and 6,000 words in length, but should not exceed 6500 words including Bibliography.
• Articles should be submitted electronically as Microsoft Word files.
• Graphics should be either in GIF or JPEG format.
• All tables should be formatted using the table tool in Word rather than by using the tab key or space bar
and must be placed within the original manuscript.
• All submissions must include a title page with the title of the manuscript, 250-‐300 word abstract, the author’s (or authors') name(s), university affiliation, mailing address(es), e-‐mail address(es), and telephone number(s) for all authors.
• Articles submitted must conform to the style set forth in the publication manual of the American
The Editor(s) may decline to consider a manuscript for several reasons, including inadequate evidence that the method is substantially new and promising, poor preparation, an insufficiently clear and detailed presentation, and a lack of adherence to the journal's guidelines for manuscript preparation. The Editor(s) reserve the right to reject manuscripts not clearly about women and gender issues. The Editor(s) reserves the right to make the final decision when conflicts of editorial opinion arise. Once a manuscript has been accepted for consideration, it will be assigned to the Journal Manager for distribution to reviewers. Articles will be reviewed blindly by at least two reviewers.
Manuscripts and questions should be submitted to JRWG14@txstate.edu.
JRWG has transitioned to a rolling publication schedule, with new articles published throughout the year. Therefore, we have a rolling, open-call for submissions. Please send submissions and/or any questions to JRWG14@txstate.edu